A blog where families who love and live the Catholic Faith can share, encourage and support each other.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Perfect Wedding Present that Nearly Went Astray

Written by Sue Elvis

The Perfect Wedding Present might also make the Perfect Mother's Day Gift...




Last year was the Year of the Wedding. My daughter Felicity married her beloved, Graham at our parish church, in October 2011. There were many decisions to make as we planned their special day including...

What should we give the bride and groom as a wedding gift?

Felicity and Graham live in Perth on the west coast of Australia. We live on the east coast. There is a lot of Australia between us. Felicity and Graham had to travel by plane to come home and be married in the parish where Felicity grew up. 

So I wanted their wedding present to be...

small enough to fit easily into their luggage and

light enough not to affect their luggage weight allowance.

I wanted it to be something that was very special, preferably hand-made just for them,

and something they could use for the rest of their lives.

I wanted to give them something beautiful, even exquisite 

and it had to have some religious significance.

I thought and thought and then I thought of my friend Anne. I visited her online shop. All Beautiful Catholic Beads and soon I'd decided the perfect wedding gift would be two sets of Anne's hand-made Rosary beads.

I emailed Anne and we discussed possibilities and then I waited... 

and soon I received an email: "Hi Sue, I have just finished the Rosary beads..." and there were some photos attached...



For Felicity, Anne had made...


 The Sunburst of Guadalupe



in golden stones and crystals.


And for Graham


a man's set


in matching warm, brown colours.


Felicity and Graham were married on the 29th October at St Michael's


and later, at the reception we gave them our wedding gift


and they were so delighted with their Rosary beads, hand-made just for them by Anne, and blessed by our parish priest. May Felicity and Graham pray many Rosaries on their beads... May God shower them with blessings... May they have a long and joyful life together...

Felicity and Graham set off back to Perth several days after their wedding. They packed their bags and drove to the airport and caught their plane and, somehow the Rosary beads got left behind.

I parcelled up the beads plus a few other wedding gifts and posted them off to the newly married couple. A few days went by, several weeks went by... I became anxious. What if the Rosary beads were lost in the post?

Finally, I received a message from Felicity: "At last, the parcel has arrived, Mum! You addressed it to Perth, New South Wales... not Perth, Western Australia. You probably confused the mailman."

Perth, New South Wales? Wouldn't that be nice. If Perth was in New South Wales we'd all live a whole lot closer to each other.

Thank you, Anne for making our wedding gift so special. The Rosary beads were PERFECT!


Anne's Rosary beads, Tenners and religious jewellery are works of art. 

If you visit her blog All Beautiful Catholic Beads, You will be able to see Anne's latest creations. Perhaps she has a work of art that might make the perfect mother's day gift for your very special mother.






Please share my stories on my blog Sue Elvis Writes.

4 comments:

  1. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and information was very easy to access. I found what I wanted in no time at all. Pretty awesome. Would appreciate it if you add forums or something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping and commenting! I am glad you found the new post pages helpful. Forums? I'll think about that!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Sue, for your very kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anne! Your creations are so beautiful I wanted to share them.

      Delete